Friday, July 30, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday

Or a Friday, yesterday got away from me. Take a minute and think what are you thankful for today.

For our house that over the last year has become our home there is nothing like a quiet evening at home with my little family.  I am so thankful for our home.


For my grandparents who will celebrate 60+ years of marriage this weekend. At a glance you might wonder if they were newly-weds, they have never stopped holding hands or reminding the other how much they care for each other. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful picture of marriage to strive for. 
 

A year ago we introduced our son to the great wonder of the ocean. Our little boy got to touch sand and feel the water for the first time on the very beach we got married on. I am so thankful for that day.
 
 And for no longer being the puffy postpartum monster, the difference of a year is truly amazing. 
 
Wonderful date nights at home. Baby in bed early, appetizers, steak on the grill, a glass or two of wine and homemade cupcakes. Who needs to go out for dinner when you can have a night like that in the comfort of your own home. I am thankful for those nights.

My husband who offered to work from home so that I could take an afternoon to myself and go spend way to much on a hair appointment and buy a new dress. I am thankful for the man who worked hard all day to make the money to pay for us to have a nice life and his willingness for me to spoil myself every once in awhile. 




1 comment:

@JessEsco said...

The afternoon sounds fantastic. And your grandparents? Incredibly sweet.

That baby pic is SO cute!