Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010

“I find that the more willing I am to be grateful for the small things in life, the bigger stuff  just seems to show up from unexpected sources, and I am constantly looking forward  to each day with all the surprises that keep coming my way!” ~ Louise L. Hay

As it turns out 2009 was an eventful year, one that had you had asked me what might be the shinning moment to come I would have told you that it was my hope that Craig would ask me to marry him that year and that I would start school to be a nurse. I had what I thought to be big hopes for 2009 and a whole lot of fear. Fear that Craig would drag his feet and that school would be harder than I could handle. Boy oh Boy did life have bigger plans for me and Craig.

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and our lives went from zero to 90 in a matter of minutes, I think we handle it was grace and took it in stride as we planned a wedding, had a baby, bought a house and got Craig a new and better job in matter of 9 months. It came with many stresses, a little heart ache but here we are today walking into a new year with new set hopes.

My hopes (resolutions) for the new year are to be happy every day, to love my husband better every day and be the best wife I can, to be the best mommy I can be to our greatest  surprise and to make our house our home, a place that we can come home to and find rest in the surroundings and each other.  I hope that Craig and I can get healthy again, to be in the best shape possible so when the time comes for us to add to our family my body is ready to bake a baby again.

I enjoy the clean slate we get with each new year and especially enjoy that I will never walk through a new year that I don't think of Craig and the feelings I had that night when we met in a hotel ballroom, me sick and him overserved and the way my life changed when he decided to buy me a drink.

1 comment:

Bigg Samson said...

Drinks were free that night, and I don't remember being over served, but I guess the open bar might explain that. And just for the record - Pat Summit is more of a man than Lane Kiffin. I love you baby.