Monday, March 8, 2010

A new slice of life

I am so bit behind on my latest obsession... when I mention said interest I get a lot of nodes and "oh yes, I love her". Her being Pioneer Woman. Check her out, she is so inspiring.
This lady has the life, and if you had told me 5 years ago that I would think a women living on a farm that is all about mothering, cooking, gardening etc would interested me I would have laughed, laughed REAL hard.
Five years ago I was on one track, the track to female greatness, big bucks and anyone who got in my way, well, better move. I worked, worked and worked. And when I wasn't working you could find me Jr. Leauging, Hotspot eating, working out, spend endless hours at the salon perfectly highlighted locks, manicured hands and feet, gym-going lady. I had more friends than I knew what to do with and I had a meeting for some organization or involvement 3 or 4 evenings a week. I had schedule: work, play, and work some more. I slept 5 hrs a night, I got up every morning downed black coffee and worked out. GROSS, that makes my stomach hurts thinking about a morning run on coffee, blah. I loved my life, I wouldn't have traded it for the world and then something happened... I fell in love and quite frankly I discovered life, real life (real life for me, ie there absolutely nothing wrong with that life it just didn't make me happy really).  The life our parents talked about and I got it.
I find it crazy that I hope we move to smaller city one day, buy a house with some land and I channel pioneer women a bit. But its a good crazy. I hope my son one day talks about his mom who made sure he ate fresh great food and spent lots of time with him outside and taught him that a simple life is a great life.

For now I am just focusing on how to be a pioneer women in the city. I am starting a garden this week and baking homemade bread. Small steps.  I let you know how it goes.

No comments: