Monday, March 1, 2010

My sweet little angel WILL grow up to be a Gentleman!

As you know I follow the blog "Heir to Blair",  she makes laugh what can I say. In a guest blog appearance she referenced the BEST. ARTICLE. EVER.  and I just had to share it and my two sense with y'all.

"Your indulgent parenting is spawning a generation of hipster brats" that truly is the most amazing byline ever. I read it, I laughed really hard, I reread it (images of obnoxious children I have encountered ran through my head) and then I vowed to make sure we never raised one (one being a douche bag).

EJ is my heart and soul walking on the Earth. If he grows up to a guest appearance on the Jersey Shore or is one of many awful males that mistreat girls and think way too much of their reflection in the mirror I will just dig my own grave and lay in it. Yes, I am already telling to say things like "Yes, ma'am" and "Yes, sir" and yes I am well aware the only thing we are actually saying at the moment is Baabababa and Maamamama but nonetheless he is hearing it. He will say please and thank you, he will pay for his date's dinner, he will open doors for any women both young and old and he will ask the love of his life's father for her hand in marriage. He will not toy with girls emotions and he will be a gentleman or I swear  I will give him a piece of my mind.

I would move the world and lasso the moon for EJ but he is a member of this family, not the president and certainly not the decision maker.  I have no idea what has gotten into the general public lately thinking that its appropriate for children to make all the family choices. There are a lot of bratty children out there and guess who is to blame... Mom and Dad.  So if you ever think you may embark on parenting or have a child of your own read this comical article and then actually think about it.

No comments: