I have used my crock pot to make everything from appetizers to meals to homemade baby food. Seriously, I use it all the time.
In honor of today's crock pot blog hop I thought I would share a few of my favorite recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Dip- perfect for a party
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained (please don't be grossed out, it makes it easy you can use chopped cooked chicken too)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup hot sauce (We LOVE Crystal's hot sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Amazing Pork Tenderloin- perfect week day dinner
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 package of Beefy Onion Dressing Mix ( I recommend Liptons)
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup of water or Red Wine
- Fingerling Potatoes
- Bag of Carrots
Cook on Low heat for 8 hours or High for 4 give or take a little depending on the size of your meat.
Homemade Applesauce- its just perfection, plain and simple
- 1 bag of Red Delicious Apples
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves
I cheat with my trusty apple slicer and then peel the apples. Throw them all in to the crock pot then sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon over the apples, a dash of nutmeg and dash of cloves. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of butter sliced. Cover and turn on low heat for 8 to 10 hours. The longer you cook it the softer it will be, if you leave it long enough you will not even have to run it through a food processor. I taste it as I go and add spices as needed. Its really good, I promise!