Sunday, November 8, 2009

The mystery of the BLUE poop... SOLVED!

I have been pretty stuck on making my own baby food since I found I was pregnant, every mom has that one thing that they are weird about and food seems to be mine. I want to teach good eating habits and give him the best food possible for his adorable little body. As I started introducing foods I have been very good about doing only one thing new a day and watching for any signs of allergies etc. The very first fruit/veggie I gave was a banana all smashed up and he loved it. But after a few days of stringy banana spit up I decided that I might stuff it up and give him gerber bananas and they didnt turn brown in a few minutes another mom gross issue. Well not thinking they would be any different from the other bananas I just gave it to him and went on my merry way until the blue poop surfaced. It only took a few days of me just thinking what might have been the issue until I that little voice in my head said the Gerber baby food. Sure enough 24 hrs after the last meal with Gerber bananas and we have normal poop again. So lesson for mom is there may be a reason why you were always weird about baby food. Who knows but lesson for me is listen to your instincts.

No comments: