Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The days

I am a structure person with mild obsessions about cleanliness and order. The chaotic life that evolves with a toddler underfoot has at times left me a bit frazzled and even unhinged. It truly has taken years for me to see the beauty in the disarray. The toys scattered about are signs of imaginations at work. Those stacks of books were time machines to a far away place or vessels of knowledge added to their brain. Sticky floors point to a full belly and most likely some laughs.
I have to stop at times and remember one day my house will sparkle again but with that sparkle will also come the silence of empty rooms as their inhabitants are busy living their lives. Learning new things while the world is shaping them into their people they are to be.
So today I am learning to plan a little less and play a little more. To hold my babies close and pretend about desert islands and buried treasure. To walk over the toys scattered about and cherish each and every moment we have together. Because in a blink of an eye these days will be over and new days will be beginning. I will cherish each stage even through the strife because these really are the days.

1 comment:

CrazyBabyTalk said...

I REALLY needed to read this today. My boys are 27 months and 6 months and I try hard not to get anxious about the chaos and constant messes. Interestingly enough, I came to visit your blog today after one of your instagram photos caught my eye. I started looking over the other pictures you had and an amazed at how much you seem to accomplish with two little ones. I accomplish NOTHING outside of caretaking of the kids. I would love to cook yummier meals and even properly clean my kitchen; not to mention paint my toenails or read a book. I'm not trying to complain. I'm truly grateful for this time with my babies; but something for my own sense of productivity would be nice! So I guess my question is can you please share any time management tips or tricks you may have?!? Lol! You have a great blog - thanks for sharing this post!